Job Responsibilities : Cloud Engineer
Salary : $95000 per year
Company : PayPal
Location : Remote US
Job Description Summary: You will work across multiple public cloud service providers, collaborating closely with platform teams and other embedded cloud engineers to ensure success for our customers. You will automate everything you do, because you’ll be reusing and improving the capabilities you developed during your last project on your next.
You will automate everything you do, because you’ll be reusing and improving the capabilities you developed during your last project on your next.
- Promote a culture of automation, transparency, and accountability.
- Provision and operate cloud-based, immutable infrastructure.
- Codify and automate manual tasks to reduce toil.
- Assist with troubleshooting and triage efforts during incidents.
- Several years’ experience administering Linux systems in a 24×7 production environment.
- Scripting or coding experience with one or more languages (e.g., bash, python).
- Strong understanding of network architecture and protocols for LAN and WAN (TCP, UDP, ICMP, ARP, BGP).
- Strong understanding of the OSI layering model, with a focus on Layer 7 protocols (HTTP/S, DNS, NFS, SMTP, SSH).
- Understand basic cryptography, TLS handshake protocol, and certificates.
- Strong command of native cloud capabilities from at least one public cloud provider.
- Experience and/or strong understanding of docker, terraform, packer, ansible, Jenkins.
- Experience with cloud network / VPC provisioning
- Experience with cloud IAM integration
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent technical training and professional work experience