Job Responsibilities : ServiceNow Business Analyst
Salary : $70000 Per Year
Company : EY
Location : Remote CA
At EY you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are with the global scale support inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all.
As the ServiceNow Business Analyst you will serve as the ultimate facilitator between our clients and the EY ServiceNow team by developing a deep understanding our client’s needs and communicating these within the context of the ServiceNow platform. You will play a key role in the success of our projects through the entire project lifecycle. Using proven methods and tools you will participate in project planning analysis of client’s needs capture validation and management of requirements business processes high-level solution design and test case design. You will work within the broader project team in close collaboration with EY engagement manager client stakeholders and technical consultants. You will work on projects that use Waterfall Agile Scrum and hybrid delivery methods.
Your key responsibilities
- Form a partnership with the client business teams to deeply understand their business. Collect review analyse and manage business user and system requirements from client stakeholders to create clear concise and correct user stories.
- Bridge the gap between business and technology ensuring common understanding and alignment of business / technology including functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (quality attributes scalability interfaces constraints etc.)
- Convey business requirements and design concepts with models such as gap analysis use cases prototypes etc. as appropriate
- Create refine and maintain functional requirements/user stories/use cases and associated deliverables – process flows test cases etc. to meet development and stakeholder needs
- Provide project management support using accepted project management processes tools and techniques
- Manage and / or execute the UAT process by performing smoke testing test case validation and obtaining business approvals on UAT for scheduled deployments.
- Contribute in a collaborative way to the team with information-sharing and cooperation
Skills and attributes for success
- To be successful in this role you should have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Commerce / Business Administration Applied/Computer Science Engineering or other related equivalent
- Strong knowledge of project and software development methodologies / techniques
- Solid presentation facilitation interview and workshop skills
- Strong interpersonal negotiation and conflict-management skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and under tight deadlines
- The ability to navigate ambiguity overcome confusion and simplify complex situation
- Proficiency in capturing and documenting business requirements functional specifications test scenarios/scripts data models and business procedures
- Strong process flow and diagramming skills (Visio application)
- Experience creating and delivery of training materials
- Experience with testing including the use of Quality Centre
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills – verbal written listening and presentation
Ideally you will also have:
- Business Analyst certification IIBA PMI – (PBA) or equivalent
- Fluent in ServiceNow or Service Management technology
- We look for the following attributes in our successful candidates:
- Agile and innovative individuals who can manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving environment
- Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet the client’s business objectives
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical prescription drug and dental coverage a defined contribution pension plan a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence) and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical financial and social well-being. Plus we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued policies and practices are equitable and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences abilities backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVD-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world helping to create long-term value for clients people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow transform and operate.
Working across assurance consulting law strategy tax and transactions EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.