Job Responsibilities : Underwriting Support Assistant
Salary : $16.00 – $19.99 an hour
Company : Mutual of Omaha
Location : Remote US
Education : High School
Performs a variety of functions within Individual Underwriting Support that contribute to the issuance and servicing of individual life and health new business applications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- May perform administrative duties to support underwriting and customer requests to include but not limited to prepping documents for scanning and mailing as well as assembly, filing and transporting of documents, resolves payments issues, and policy change requests and other administrative duties pertaining to policy output and distribution.
- May receive, analyze and process interview requests from the underwriter and contact the customer/applicant via telephone to complete health interviews. Effectively responds to and resolves customer requests by utilizing basic knowledge and skill sets, systems, procedures, regulations and other reference materials.
- May receive, analyze and process medical records requests from the underwriter and contact physician offices via telephone/fax or email to facilitate requests and obtain records. Effectively responds to and resolves customer requests by utilizing basic knowledge and skill sets, systems, procedures, regulations and other reference materials.
- Meets or exceeds time service, quality, production and other underwriting department expectations as defined by management, ensures timely responses to internal and external customers submitted via phone, email and workflow systems. Adheres to HIIPA guidelines and customer confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively with customers, and internal and external business partners through various mediums including telephone, written, etc. Demonstrates good decision-making skills, communication both verbal and written and a high level of customer service expertise. Verbal and written communication is clear, concise and professional; uses appropriate grammar and spelling in written correspondence.