Job Responsibilities : HR Mergers and Acquisitions – Manager – People Advisory Services – Montreal
Salary : $64000 Per Year
Company : EY
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : Graduate
At EY you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are with the global scale support inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all.
As part of EY’s focus on the people agenda of organizations and change initiatives our People Advisory Services professionals assist our clients in successfully managing and sustaining people process and or technology change. This may include the identification and management of stakeholders leadership development organizational design training mergers and acquisitions cultural assessment and development talent management workforce strategies and planning and executing key communications.
We are seeking a Manager for our PAS practice in the HR Mergers and Acquisitions space. In joining our team you will gain valuable experiences and a wealth of knowledge by working across various capabilities and service offerings. Working in multidisciplinary teams often directly with leaders of major organizations you will bring diverse perspectives to every challenge. We are uniquely and strategically positioned to advise government and public sector leaders in the face of increasing disruptions an ever-changing workforce and evolving business landscape. Whether your passion is devising and driving large scale change strategies organizational design or transforming HR organizations we cultivate innovation and purpose. You will find an environment that is both entrepreneurial and collaborative. We will help you achieve your potential by supporting your professional development and by providing you with leadership opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
- Deliver all aspects of HR during mergers and acquisitions such as Day 1 readiness post-merger integration HR transformation HR strategy talent management and resourcing.
- Conduct HR due diligence in post-merger integrations on activities such as workforce HR processes or HR technology.
- Analyze client’s team structures and guide them through post-merger integration by mobilizing staff transfers working with client’s HR departments to ensure smooth transition.
- Deliver change management and training programs in a wide variety of contexts including activities relating to mergers and acquisitions.
- Demonstrate high levels of technical knowledge of leading-edge communication and stakeholder engagement tools and techniques.
- Generate new business opportunities. Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management. Focus on deliverables and client business priorities. Manage expectations of service. Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers and business trends.
- Lead client engagement teams and work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services. Develop and successfully manage to project budget.
- Develop people by providing constructive on-the-job feedback/training fostering an innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex merger and acquisition concepts such as carve-outs HR due-diligence employee transfers separation post-merger integration restructuring and turnaround.
- Deep knowledge of HR transformation HR strategy talent management change management organizational design and target operating models.
- Keep up to date with current developments and trends in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Project management experience.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment (knows when to lead and when to follow).
- Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel PowerPoint etc.
- High level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
- Ability to think outside of the box thrive on new challenges.
- Demonstrated consistency in values principles and work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree and approximately 5-8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4-6 years of related work experience.
- Experience in the following areas: Change Management Mergers and Acquisitions HR Transformation Post-Merger Integration Stakeholder Management Communications Organizational Design Training and Culture change.
- Experience in selling and delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment design and implementation support.
- Demonstrated record in driving revenue within existing clients and in developing new prospects at the c level of fortune 500 companies.
- Must be flexible and able to travel.
Ideally you’ll also have
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What we look for
We are interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You will need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center as well as the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
What EY offers
At EY our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical prescription drug and dental coverage a defined contribution pension plan a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence) and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical financial and social well-being. Plus we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued policies and practices are equitable and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences abilities backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world helping to create long-term value for clients people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow transform and operate.
Working across assurance consulting law strategy tax and transactions EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.