Job Responsibilities : Instructional Designer-Remote in Central & Eastern Time Zone
Salary : 65000 per Year
Company : CNO Financial Group, Inc.
Location : Remote US
CNO’s worksite division Optavise is seeking an Instructional Designer to combination of project management and instructional design skills to create effective learning solutions. This person is directly responsible for the development maintenance and implementation of training and onboarding curriculums for Optavise’s clients and employees. The role works across departments and partners with Subject Matter Experts to create a learning blueprint and learning content that meets performance and organizational objectives.
This position is also client-facing and the objective is to ensure all end users have an optimal experience with the company.
As an Instructional Designer your responsibilities will include:
- Design develop and maintain the training and onboarding curriculums for both clients and employees.
- Research and identify appropriate training delivery approaches.
- Engage and collaborate with stakeholders/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop effective training.
- Gather feedback about what’s working well and where adjustments are needed.
- Troubleshoot technical and navigational questions for internal and external users.
- Support sales and client relationship management teams to achieve client satisfaction objectives.
- Support the solutions-to-service roll out process as it relates to training.
- Create training programs in support of employee onboarding and development.
- Assist in the delivery of training programs to internal and external users as needed – all venues (remote/webcast and on-site classroom style).
The Instructional Designer position is well-suited for you if you:
- Strong knowledge of adult learning and development principles and practices.
- Master multiple technical concepts/solutions quickly and comprehensively resulting in the development of technical training programs.
- Translate complex concepts and ideas and convey them in a simple easy-to-understand format and flow.
- Work productively on multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- A client-focused approach to problem-solving.
- Define and deliver innovative training methods.
- Think creatively and quickly adjust in any type of work environment.
- Complete projects from various starting points.
- Work independently and within a team environment.
- Engage and develop collaborative productive relationships within teams and with key stakeholders.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or 4 years of directly related work experience as an equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of instructional design experience preferably in a deadline sensitive environment.
- Minimum 1 year of experience using multimedia tools to develop educational/instructional content (e.g. Adobe Captivate Articulate or similar eLearning programs).
- Experience in Benefits health insurance benefits administration technology a provider setting or other similar environment a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to travel to corporate or client sites to deliver on-site training as necessary (approximately 5-10% travel).
At this time CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However this is an evolving situation in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial Group offices reopened in April 2022 and we will be pursuing a hybrid working model. Associates who live within a 60-mile radius of a corporate office (Birmingham Carmel Chicago Philadelphia Orlando and Milwaukee) will have access to come into that Office up to 2 days/week and work from home at least 3 days/week. This role is full time work from home (WFH) also known as Remote. This role can be performed from any US based location within the central or eastern time zone. Work cannot be performed from outside of the United States.
CNO provides life and health insurance annuities financial services and workforce benefits solutions through our family of brands and supported by our associates and agents. Our customers work hard to save for the future and we help protect their health income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3400 associates 8600 exclusive agents and independent partner agents guide individuals families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Integrity Customer Focus Excellence and Teamwork. We have offices in more than 260 communities in the U.S. including our headquarters in Carmel Indiana and corporate offices in Birmingham Chicago Philadelphia Orlando and Milwaukee
At CNO Financial Group we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers and the growth we create within our own company. We’re looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We’ll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you’re looking for a culture that encourages development helps you reach your potential and rewards you for your contribution then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information visit CNOinc.com.