Job Responsibilities : Technical Support Specialist II
Salary : $41000 per year
Company : Tesla
Location : Remote US
=The role primarily involves supporting Tesla’s tier I team and Field Services teams by handling escalations, field service calls and requesting training content. The Technical Support Specialist II is also responsible for contacting Tesla customers directly to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issue and difficult problems. The products supported currently include Tesla’s proprietary wireless monitoring system, photovoltaic systems, residential and commercial battery systems, superchargers and home consumption monitoring meters.
- Write and modify SQL queries to troubleshoot, monitor critical statistics, and generate daily reports for the system based on the statistics
- Utilizing TCP/IP concepts and calibrate network related issues
- Dispatching Field Service Technicians to correct issues
- Providing technical expertise and guidance to our residential and commercial Field Service Technicians via a hotline
- Working with customer to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues and replicate customer environments and network problems as needed to provide resolution
- Understanding or commercial electrical metering, energy flow, power factor, and phase rotation
- Experience troubleshooting metering and communications issues involving many variables
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts, and practical experience with home network construction and troubleshooting particularly wireless technologies.
- Understanding of a technical support environment and processes, including ability to document case histories clearly, accurately and with detail. Ability to prioritize workflows effectively according to multiple criteria. Experience with CRM systems, mobile case/ticketing systems, and bug-tracking systems.
- Personal skills suitable for frequent direct contact with non-technical customers in technical troubleshooting scenarios. A positive, friendly manner on the phone and in writing is essential, as well as patience and the ability to instruct and inform during the course of troubleshooting.