Job Responsibilities : Remote Health Coach, Exercise Specialist
Salary : $43000 per year
Company : WALGREENS
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
As the Senior Clinical Health Coach, you will assess the needs of patients, including identifying
and addressing barriers to care and helping them access available benefits and resources. The Senior Clinical Health Coach will collaborate with the Health Coach team and other clinical personnel to effectively develop health care plans and recommendations to the patient.
- Collaborate with the Coaching Programmatic team to develop coaching clinical pathways, comprehensive programming, patient education, and coach resources specific to exercise science for Chronic Condition Management, as a Subject Matter Expert
- Engage the patient and caregiver, helping the patient to adopt healthy lifestyle habits and changes using a robust technology platform.
- Guide patients and caregivers in navigating their health with relevant resources including, but not limited to, Walgreens’ Health Corners, Marketplace services, local community resources, and other recommendations personalized to the patient.
- Develop collaborative relationships with the member’s care team including Non-Clinical Health Coaches, Subject Matter Experts and other Clinical personnel to effectively engage the patient on their health journey.
- Support members with a wide variety of health concerns and approaches to drive towards change and positive outcomes
- Bachelor Degree in an exercise science and health-related field such as biology, anatomy, kinesiology, physical therapy, exercise physiology
- Accreditation or certification in an exercise related field (NASM, ACE, etc…)
- At least 2 years of professional experience in exercise science, preferably with chronic condition management
- Experience or comfort with addressing patient’s basic behavioral health concerns.
- Experience or strong interest in working with a diverse patient population
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Proficient with digital/tech health apps
- Experience with digital tools and/or familiarity with translating rapport-building from in-person to digital
- Medicaid and/or Medicare knowledge
- Experience working with population health and understanding of social determinants of health + health equity
- Proficiency in conversational Spanish or other languages