Job Responsibilities : Career Development Center Administrative Assistant
Salary : $45,000–$50,000 a year
Company : University Canada West
Location : Hybrid remote CA
Position Job Title: Career Development Center Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Manager Career Development Centre
About University Canada West:
University Canada West is an innovative business and technology-oriented dynamic and growing institution that was founded in 2005. Based in Downtown Vancouver the university is defined by its close connections to the business community and a commitment to outstanding student services.
Here at UCW we connect recognized well-established specialists and ambitious young professionals so they learn from each other and thrive in our diverse environment. Together we strive to create and maintain working environments that are inclusive equitable and welcoming.
We are privileged to do this work on the unceded traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəyə̓ m (Musqueam) Sḵwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and Se ̱ lí̓lwitulh ̓ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. We thank them for having cared for this land since time immemorial honour their graciousness to the students who seek knowledge here and iterate our dedication to valuing the ongoing contributions of Indigenous peoples and communities.
Reporting to the manager Career Development Center/CDC the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to all programs events and activities of CDC.
This role will require liaising with staff faculty and students. The assistant will provide high level of confidential administrative support to CDC and the manager in the development implementation and administration of the career development programming and all services that CDC offers to meet the fast-growing student population’s career development support needs.
The Career Development Center Administrative Assistant will support the increase of program and awareness of services available and the capacity of students staff and faculty to address diversity services and support.
- Initiated and facilitates communications between the CDC and students.
- Provide confidential administrative support for a range of programing and project implementation
- Be a point of contact to handle all student inquiries in person phone or email.
- Providing administrative support to CDC manager and the team by providing services scheduling appointments meetings recording and preparing correspondence reports and documents as requested.
- Assist student development and learning by determining who can best provide information needed by students providing basic and initial assistance to students in navigating different programs departments policy and support services
- Establishes and maintains organized and efficient files and records students and CDC department; gathers enters and/or updates data to maintain records files and databases as appropriate. Responsible for the administration security confidentiality and retention of office files.
- Liaise with other university departments and/or external organizations
- Research liaise and prepare information as requested to help with program delivery resources and information.
- Assist with the program planning and implementation for the department.
- Contributing to a work environment that encourages knowledge of respect for and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Support CDC department with other projects/duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication social science science etc.
- Basic training in office practices customer service and communication
- One to three-years’ experience in education or related field in a fast-paced environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to provide respectful tactful fair and efficient service to a culturally diverse groups including students staff faculty and other affiliates
- Proven service-oriented focus
- General knowledge of university policies or processes
- Strength in organization time and task management to be efficient effective dependable
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Evidence of advanced English skills with written skills at a formal university level
- Ability to engage with students faculty and staff and constructively problem-solve
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team
- Adaptability and change management skills
- Advanced computer skills and proficient in Microsoft applications
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45000.00-$50000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Education: 3 years (preferred)