Job Responsibilities: Transportation Associate
Company: Amazon.com Services LLC
Location: Crest Hill, IL
We are offering a $1000 sign-on bonus for anyone who applies between now and 8/28! Apply today!*
Are you ready to drive commercial motor vehicles over the road, solve transportation mysteries, and help Amazon deliver world-class service to our customers? As a Transportation Associate, you will be a vital member of Amazon Transportation Services. Transportation Associates will perform trailer moves, coordinate yard activities (such as check-in, traffic flow, internal communications with docks, etc.), conduct yard audits, complete driver training programs (Hostler, CDL School, etc.), and operate multiple vehicle asset types over the road as assigned by business need to support Amazon’s transportation network.
As a Transportation Associate you will:
- Adhere to company rules and regulations and make safety a priority at all times.
- Perform various functions within the yard, support site operations teams, internal transportation field teams, and external carriers, as needed, to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects and to maintain a fluid trailer pool.
- Operate Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs) on non-public roads or in the yard to move trailers to/from the dock and parking locations.
- Operate CMVs over the road as required while staying on predetermined routes and using approved equipment.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and DOT regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, trailer designations, violation and incident reporting requirements, break periods, etc.)
- Complete driver vehicle inspection reports on equipment and notify managers of any maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Follow hostler and delivery schedules, track and report working hours and breaks at appropriate times, adhere to yard safety policies, obey all applicable traffic laws, and drive-by weather/road conditions.
- Work at locations within a node on an as-needed basis to support the business, 40 hours/week and overtime as required.
- Drive, maneuver, and load/unload a truck using approved equipment (pallet jack, etc.)
- Lift to 49 pounds, stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
- Work as a peer trainer on an as-needed basis to support the business.
The associate will be required to obtain their Driver Qualification File (DQF) and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) as a condition of the role.
Bonuses to be paid during the first two months of employment. Must apply by 7/3 to qualify.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with diverse audiences.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety measures and policies to all who operate vehicles on behalf of Amazon and those who enter the yard, including vendors and senior team members.
- A commitment to building strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues and outside vendors.
What else does the TOM team have to offer? We’re glad you asked!
- Earning your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), paid for by Amazon.
- Opportunity to work outside and drive different commercial motor vehicles over the road.
- Exposure to different site types including NACF, NASC, Air, AMZL & AMXL.
- Long-term growth potential via comprehensive training in transportation with Amazon.