Job Responsibilities : Freelance Transcriptionist
Salary : $18 – $30 an hour
Company : Transcript Associates
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Our transcribers set their own schedules and work on a custom platform we built in house from the ground up. No software is required, and Windows, Apple, and even Chrome OS operating systems are supported. Compensation is contract based – but industry leading – and scales with, naturally, typing speed.
No previous transcription experience is required, but candidates will benefit from expertise in other industries, especially those pertaining to editing and filmmaking. Successful transcribers possess the following capabilities:
- Passion for learning across a swath of subject matter domains.
- Conscientiousness to deadlines and client confidentiality.
- Scrupulous grammar.
- Speedy typing skills.
- An up-to-date computer system.
Regarding application process:
- Introductory or cover letters are encouraged but not required.
- Please note that our application process does include grammar and audio evaluations.
- Possession or pursuit of a college degree is not required. However, in the absence of a college degree or the current pursuit thereof, substantive evidence of experience with writing and editing is required.