Job Responsibilities : Production Planner
Salary : $55000 per year
Company : Tesla
Location : Remote US
THE ROLE Tesla’s manufacturing operations team is looking for an experienced and driven Production Planner to work alongside manufacturing to support production goals. The planner will be responsible for scheduling production across the value stream for Tesla energy products. The planner will also be responsible for structuring and performing analysis to support the road map for production capacity changes on their assigned production lines.
- Support manufacturing by creating production schedules that reconcile production capacity with demand for fabricated components, following the factory’s master schedule.
- Perform analysis that supports defining the roadmap for production capacity increases/change.
- Work with manufacturing & support teams to establish & improve processes (e.g. production batch sizes, material transfer processes & controls) for just-in-time or line-side Kanban delivery.
- Respond to unanticipated changes—e.g. production shortfall vs. schedule or material shortages: provide information, impact assessment, and options to downstream shops, revise production shifts and or mix as needed.
- Generate and publish production performance metrics and forecasts showing risk to supply of fabricated components vs. demand.