Job Responsibilities : Technical Writer
Salary : $19 per hour
Company : Legrand North America
Location : Remote US
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer to join the Data Center Power & Control Team from a Remote location.
The Technical Writer will research, develop, and write user and administrator guides/online help, and quick setup guides for Power, KVM, Audio/Visual software and hardware products, with a focus on Power products for the Raritan and Server Technology brands.
What Will You Do?
- Research, develop, and write user and administrator guides/online help, and quick setup guides for Power, KVM, Audio/Visual software and hardware products, with a focus on Power products.
- Analyze documentation projects with a goal of developing more streamlined workflows.
- Create and execute strategies for single-sourcing content.
- Review, edit, proofread, and revise previously created documentation.
- Create graphics, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in documentation.
- Interview product managers, developers, and testers for information about product features.
- Attend product demos, training sessions, and team meetings, and do hands-on product testing to become familiar with product features.
- Study requirements, specifications, wikis, and other written resources to learn about product features.
- Obtain reviews of draft documentation from team members.
- Maintain an understanding of user tasks and levels of user proficiency.
- Review software and hardware for accuracy and consistency with documentation.
- Identify problems in documentation and suggest revisions.
- Follow the team’s style guide, and adhere to the team’s processes and workflows.
- Plan and execute project schedules for each assigned project, in cooperation with each product team. Act as project manager for large documentation releases in cooperation with another writer.
- Education: Must have a BA/BS Degree in Technical Communication, Journalism, English, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience: Preference for the ideal candidate is 3 or more years’ experience.
- Excellent writing skills; demonstrated ability in the use of the English language.
- Capacity to work both independently and in a team, with multiple organizational and management levels and functional departments.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven excellence in researching, organizing, writing, and presenting technical information.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment, meet deadlines, and be detail oriented with excellent organization and planning skills.
- Hands-on experience with Author-IT desired, or other relevant single-sourcing tool experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat.
- Some knowledge and experience with graphic/screen capture software such as Snagit, Visio, or similar.
- Knowledge about networking and data center technologies and hardware and software engineering terminology.
- Familiarity with power distribution products and/or electrical knowledge desired.
- Familiarity with CSS desired.
Nordstrom Work from Home Jobs Online | Home Based Remote Jobs
Academic Advisor Jobs Near me in USA 2021
LPN Work from Home Jobs
Geico Remote Jobs
Travel Support Specialist (Work from Home or Hybrid)
At Home Remote Jobs Hiring | Content Management
Remote Technical Support Jobs Apply Now
Engineer Technician Jobs | Fully Remote 2021
Recruiting Manager Jobs | Remote US
Freelance Writing Jobs for Beginners with No Experience