Job Responsibilities : Technical Support Specialist II
Salary : $80000 per year
Company : Tesla
Location : Remote US
The role primarily involves supporting Tesla’s tier I team and Field Services teams by handling escalations, field service calls and requesting training content. The Technical Support Specialist II is also responsible for contacting Tesla customers directly to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issue and difficult problems. The products supported currently include Tesla’s proprietary wireless monitoring system, photovoltaic systems, residential and commercial battery systems, superchargers and home consumption monitoring meters.
- Utilizing python scripts to make fleet updates
- Utilize Linux to establish secure shell host connections with proprietary systems around the world for diagnosing and troubleshooting software issues
- Fetching logs by running vi commands in Linux to find root cause of issues
- Write and modify SQL queries to troubleshoot, monitor critical statistics, and generate daily reports for the system based on the statistics
- Utilizing TCP/IP concepts and calibrate network related issues
- Dispatching Field Service Technicians to correct issues
- Providing technical expertise and guidance to our residential and commercial Field Service Technicians via a hotline
- Working with customer to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues and replicate customer environments and network problems as needed to provide resolution
- Troubleshooting complex inverter, energy meter, battery storage, and communications systems
- Requesting training content for Tesla’s Field Service and tier I teams
- Follow best practices in case handling, customer follow-up, and documenting interactions and work performed in our customer database.
- Contribute to improvements in Tesla’s customer service and monitoring platforms.
- Flexible availability to work any shift (Day, Weekends, Night etc.)
- Understanding or commercial electrical metering, energy flow, power factor, and phase rotation
- Experience troubleshooting metering and communications issues involving many variables
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.