Job Responsibilities : Student Services Coordinator
Salary : n
Company : San Bernardino Community College District
Location : San Bernardino, CA 92408 US
Location: San Bernardino CA
Department: Student Services
Job Number: 00950
Closing: 1/13/2023 4:30 PM Pacific
THIS IS A CATEGORICALLY FUNDED POSITION. CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT IS BASED ON CONTINUED FUNDING.
- Testing for this position will be scheduled in-person the week of January 23 2023 located at District Office. If minimum qualifications are met the applicant will be notified with test date and time.
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are
not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job; however any additional duties will be reasonably related to this class.
Coordinates a variety of student success services initiatives and programs to fully implement core matriculation services on campus.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives limited direction from appropriate supervisor; refers only unusual decisions to supervisor. May provide technical and functional direction to assigned student workers.
The following duties are typical for this classification
- Coordinates an array of student success services that provide a pathway to degree/certificate completion and retention which includes but not limited to coordinating new student orientation assessment outreach coordinates retention of current and prospective students and follows up with students who are on probation.
- Coordinates student success services to prospective new and continuing students in specialty fields such as assessment career and/or educational planning registration financial aid and scholarships Extended Opportunities and Services (EOP&S) foster youth services veterans and/or other areas within student services.
- Assists students in determining program eligibility and obtaining information required to develop student educational financial and career plans.
- Processes applications and forms according to established procedures; request transcripts records and other information needed to determine status of applications and forms. Adhere to the requirements of FERPA as it applies to student records.
- Analyzes student data and certify eligibility for program participation as required; interpret apply and explain complex rules regulations requirements and restrictions.
- Coordinates student and MIS data collection to assist students with scheduling participation in student success programs.
- Facilitates and interprets assessment tests and assessment instruments; analyze alternative courses of action and assists students in developing appropriate plans.
- Communicates with academic/career counselors student service personnel business leaders social service agencies community resources educational institutions and others to coordinate outreach activities workshops and/or exchange information and refer students for further assistance.
- Maintains current knowledge of a variety of complex regulations requirements and policies related to assigned specialty area.
- Prepares and maintain records reports lists and files related to assigned function.
- Develops forms spreadsheets databases handbooks manuals and other written materials to support student access and support services.
- Collaborates with classified staff and student workers in other departments to provide referrals or assistance to students or prospective students with various processes and activities.
- Coordinates and/or attends activities and events on or off campus as a representative of the college in relation to its student success initiatives.
- Performs other duties related to the primary job duties.
Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Apply sorting coding and categorizing rules
- Analyze data
- Read reports
- Draw meaning and conclusions from quantitative and/or qualitative data
- Attending to the needs and expectations of customer
- Seeks information about the immediate and longer term needs of the customer
- Anticipates what the customer may want or expect in a product or service
- Works across organizational boundaries to meet customer needs **
- Understanding and using written information
- Knows the meaning of printed words; comprehend the literal meaning of text
- Make interpretations applications deductions inferences extrapolations from written information **
Professional and Technical Expertise
- Applying technical subject matter to the job **
- Knows the rudimentary concepts of performing the essential technical operations
- Analytically and logically evaluates information to resolve problems
- Follow guide SOP or other step by step procedures for locating the source of a problem and fixing it
- May detect ambiguous incomplete or conflicting information or instructions**
Attention to Detail
- Focusing on the details of work content
- Shows care and thoroughness in adhering to process and procedures that assure quality
- Applies knowledge and skill in recognizing and evaluating details of work**
- Applies skilled final touches on products
- Working with electronic hardware and software applications
- Using basic features and functions of software and hardware
- Experiments and finds novel uses for standard features and functions **
- Adds improves modifies or develops features and functionality**
Team Work/Involving Others
- Collaborating with others to achieve shared goals
- Engages others for suggestions and ideas
- Communicating effectively in writing
- Using correct writing mechanics including spelling vocabulary grammar syntax punctuation capitalization sentence structure
- Logically orders and structures ideas and progression of thought
- Responding positively to change and modifying behavior as the situation requires**
- Accept and adjust to changes and the unfamiliar
- Imagining and devising new and better ways of doing things**
- Fix what is broken; find solutions and fixes with resources at hand
- Finds new approaches to performing familiar tasks
- Create and invent new ideas; envision the unexpected unexplored untried**
- Comprehend and verbal instructions and orally presented information
- Recalls or retrieves key points in a conversation
- Listen actively by rephrasing others’ input cogently and accurately**
Legal and Regulatory Navigation
- Understanding interpreting and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Locates understands or provides factual regulator information**
- Works within the bounds and limits of what is permissible
Professional Integrity and Ethics
- Follows a clear-cut set of rules
- Understands practical necessity of rules and ethical guidelines
- Shows consistency in behavior and judgement over a long term and varied situations
- Shows acceptance of individual differences
- Welcomes input and inclusion of others who may be different from oneself
- Shows understanding and empathy for the challenges of groups seeking inclusion or dealing with perceived discrimination
**Lead Advanced or Senior Level Positions
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management Social Sciences or Human Services from an accredited college or university.
Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in student services or related field.
In the absence of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management Social Sciences or Human Services from an accredited college or university an Associate’s degree in Business Management Social Sciences or Human Services from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in student services or related field is qualifying.
- Experience coordinating programs that support student success.
- Demonstrated experience working with special populations that include but are not limited to first year students undocumented students students that have experience the foster care system first generation students LGBTQIA+ students Latinx and Black/African American students.
- Outstanding oral written and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and data collection skills.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with some travel as needed. Evening hours.
: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop bend kneel crouch reach and twist; to frequently lift carry push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight up to 25 pounds; to occasionally lift carry push and/or pull heavier amounts of weight with or without assistance; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents; and to operate assigned equipment.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
The person selected for hire will be required to complete the following pre-employment requirements:
- Submit to and successfully pass DOJ live scan/fingerprinting. Cost of live-scan services to be borne by candidate.
- Sealed official transcript(s) in envelope from institution or electronic copies emailed directly from institution (for positions with higher education requirement)
- Tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment
- Other pre-employment requirements may be required depending on the position (i.e. certifications or licenses; see job posting qualifications section for details).
Successful completion of all pre-employment requirements is mandatory to be eligible for employment. These requirements are in accordance with the San Bernardino Community College District’s Administrative Procedures and Board Policies.
To apply visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbccd/jobs/3834933/student-services-coordinator
The San Bernardino Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
Click Here : Apply Now