Job Responsibilites : Senior Customer Service Representative – Work From Home
Company : UnitedHealth Group
Location : Remote
Educational requirements : High School
If you are located at 506 East State Parkway Schaumberg, IL OR 10101 Renner Blvd. Lenexa KS. 66219 , you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest – growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. SM
Are you looking for a chance to get your foot in the door with a great company? You have found it here. Already one of the world’s leading health care companies, Optum , part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Here, you are not just working. You are making great things happen for the people who rely on us for health care across the United States. Your part of an elite team that is equipped with the best tools and resources, the most thorough training and learning opportunities and a mission that can inspire you every day.
As a Billing Representativ e, you will work by phone or correspondence to gather missing information to ensure proper billing to clients, patients, or third-party insurances. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with previous customer service experience in a professional office setting who is interested in moving into a new area while learning additional skills. You will leverage your skills and have the ability to:
- Resolve calls while avoiding escalated complaints.
- Demonstrate empathy and compassion to customers.
- Triage and handle escalated situations.
- Adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
If selected for this position, it is required that you successfully complete the UnitedHealth Group new hire training and demonstrate proficiency to continue in the role.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and/or weekends or holidays.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Researches, obtains, and enters missing information/demographics for completion of accessions.
- Demonstrates competency in eligibility, billing and receivable systems and associated applications.
- Educates external customers on how to provide complete billing information and avoid additional contacts for information.
- Informs customers of billing problem/issue findings and resolution as appropriate.
- Makes outbound calls to clients, patients, carriers and/or any internal or external source as needed to obtain missing or additional information.
- Answers inbound calls from clients, patients, carriers and/or any internal or external source as needed to answer account inquires or resolve issues.
- Responds to account inquires through written correspondences.
- Handles sensitive client and patient interactions.
- Maintains timely, accurate documentation for all appropriate transactions.
- Generates and/or distributes reports and documentation to internal or external client to obtain missing information.
- Reports problems, errors, and denial trends to management including PHI breaches.
- Meets the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, accuracy, quality, patient and client satisfaction and attendance.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in the healthcare/insurance billing industry
- 1+ years of customer service experience in a call center, phone support role, or medical billing office
- 1+ year of medical terminology experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must reside within 1.5 hours from office located at 506 East State Parkway Schaumberg, IL
- Must reside 1.5 hours from office located at 10101 Renner Blvd. Lenexa KS. 66219
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Associates Degree (or higher)
- 1+ year of medical coding experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Consistent attendance with ability to meet work schedule including training
- Understands multiple billing requirements
- Ability to resolve calls and escalations
- Ability to exhibit empathy and be courteous to callers
- Ability to adapt to changes and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: billing, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, office, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, adjustments, phone support, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO