Job Responsibilities : Computer Support Specialist
Salary : n
Company : New College of Florida
Location : Sarasota, FL 34243 US
Educational requirements : High School
Computer Support Specialist
Yearly Negotiable or Hourly
Grant/Contract (Is a grant or contract involved?)
New College of Florida is located in sunny Sarasota on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida – an area known for its award-winning beaches turquoise waters and arts and crafts attractions (from theatrical offerings to circus performances). Located about an hour’s drive from urban destinations like Tampa and St. Petersburg Sarasota is an exhilarating coastal retreat.
As one of 12 universities in the State University System of Florida and the State of Florida’s designated honors college New College provides an exceptional undergraduate education that transforms students’ intellectual curiosity into extraordinary personal accomplishment.
New College currently invites applications for the position of Computer Support Specialist.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Serving as the campus resource for installing maintaining upgrading and troubleshooting standard application software and computer hardware for faculty and staff.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems and conferring with vendors or other staff for resolving problems.
- Initiating routine diagnostics to isolate causes of system failures and making moderate complex equipment repairs.
- Acting as a liaison with vendors for requesting repairs and maintenance.
- Providing routine technical assistance in the use of computer hardware including printers and other peripheral equipment.
- Performing basic network troubleshooting connecting cables to various network/telco jacks and patch panels and creating custom patch cables.
- Maintaining computer laboratories.
- Researching technical specifications for new equipment purchases.
- Researching testing and implementing new technology to enhance efficiencies with regard to deploying solutions.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Computer Operations Manager.
A high school diploma and four (4) years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Experience with computer software applications computer systems and operations and using diagnostic equipment and software. Experience with PC deployment solutions. Associates degree and technology certifications.
Good interpersonal (verbal and writing) skills. Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office applications PC and Apple computer hardware and peripheral equipment and knowledge of basic networking. Ability to identify hardware and software problems and provide solutions. Ability to use diagnostic equipment and software. Must be proficient in technical writing and documentation.
New College is committed to the principles of equal educational and employment opportunities for and nondiscrimination towards applicants and employees with respect to race color religion age disability sex marital status national origin sexual orientation gender identity gender expression and veteran status as provided by law and in accordance with New College’s goal to create and maintain a work and study environment that is positive and free of unlawful discrimination. Further New College encourages the recognition of the diversity of its population and seeks to promote delivery systems curricular activities and programs that reflect this diversity in all facets of life at New College.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to climb ladders to reach ceiling mounted access points and other equipment.
Posting Detail Information
If open until filled the application review begins on
Special Instructions to Applicant
Click Here : Apply Now