Job Responsibilities : Hospital Nursing Services Consultant – 59699
Salary : $69,603 – $88,124 a year
Company : Health, Department of
Location : New York, NY 10007 US
Open Competitive Minimum Qualifications: Currently licensed and registered as a professional nurse in NYS; AND a minimum of five years of post-licensure health care, public health, community health, or other nursing experience in an appropriate facility setting. Three years of this experience must have been providing direct patient care in a licensed health care facility, and two years of this experience must have been in nursing supervision or working in the capacity of a nurse administrator. Please visit the Exam Announcement for additional information: https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/oc-cr/decentralized/20-969.cfm”
“Under general supervision, this position is responsible for conducting investigations of licensed professionals under the jurisdiction of the Office of Professional Medical Conduct utilizing their medical training and expertise to advance the process appropriately. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investigate complaints and develop an investigative plan for cases involving violations of Public Health Law Section 230.
- Comply with the standards outlined in the investigative operations manual.
- Conduct in-person and telephone interviews of complainants, licensees and fact witnesses
- Draft correspondence to subjects of investigation in compliance with Public Health Law Section 230.
- Obtain and review confidential data which may be necessary to locate subjects of investigation.
Permanent, full-time (transfer) or temporary pending exam. This position involves travel which may include locations not served by public transportation. Current registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the New York State Education Department must be maintained for continued employment in title.