Job Responsibilities : Digital Resources Librarian
Salary : $80,000 – $110,000 a year
Company : Mathematica Policy Research
Location : Remote US
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world.
- Review and analyze a variety of complex data and information to evaluate existing and emerging digital content. Gather, analyze, and report data on usage, cost, and other factors to make acquisitions and renewal recommendations to department management that rationalize necessary and eliminate unnecessary expenses. Oversee reference databases and make strategic suggestions for renewals and acquisitions to support the business needs. Strong history and success in tracking usage data and developing and monitoring budgets and expenditures required.
- Identify theories, techniques, and technologies to improve access to information, and apply evaluation methods to measure the effectiveness of the company’s electronic information systems in meeting organizational needs. Maintain efficient and cost-effective systems, supported by sophisticated and timely usage metrics. Analyze and critically assess complex information using traditional and emergent technologies including evaluating the credibility, validity, and value of diverse information sources. Perform regular audits of the information and inventory on file.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 8 – 10 years of relevant digital information experience or
- Advanced degree in information science, American Library Association-accredited Master of Library Science or advanced degree in related technology field
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Strong technology skills. Demonstrated experience with using information science software tools and providing technical assistance for users of complex databases and digital products
- Expertise in digital resource management, including searching and metadata standards, as well as harvesting and repurposing of existing data
- Demonstrated knowledge of search strategy development, bibliographic and content management, information organization and access techniques, and copyright compliance
- Demonstrated knowledge of bibliographic and full-text research databases and bibliographic management tools; experience with reference management software
Years of Relevant Experience: 6 – 8 years of relevant digital library or information science experience
- Digital curation
- Information sciences and technology
- Library and information technology