Job Responsibilities : FMLA Claims Specialist – National remote
Salary : $18.17 – $32.26 an hour
Company : UnitedHealthcare
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people including yourself. We offer the latest tools most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work . SM
This position is full-time. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary given the business need to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Process a variety of leave types to assist members.
- Adhere to Federal State and company guidelines.
- Analyze and identify trends and provides reports as necessary
- Assist with resolution of escalated claims to resolve complex issues for team members and internal customers
- Provide effective customer service while interacting with members and employers telephonically and through correspondence.
This is a high-volume challenging role that takes an ability to thoroughly review analyze and research complexities related to absence management confirm certifications and make accurate and timely leave determinations. You’ll need to be comfortable navigating across various computer systems to locate critical information. Attention to detail is critical to ensure accuracy which will ensure timely processing.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent years of work experience
- 6+ months of experience with FMLA claims processing
- 2+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office administrative clerical customer service etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Experience with computer and Windows PC applications which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- 1+ years of Short-Term Disability experience
- Certification in Leave Management
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity Compassion Relationships Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career or are an experienced veteran or spouse we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa a Senior Quality Analyst works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual . We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work. SM
Colorado Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 to $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 to $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education work experience certifications etc. In addition to your salary UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package incentive and recognition programs equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.