Job Responsibilities : Senior Research Assistant (Clinical Psychology)
Salary : $20 Per Hour
Company : Psychology Department, SFU Adolescent Health Lab
Location : Remote CA
Senior Research Assistant (Clinical Psychology)
Job Title: Senior Research Assistant
Term: To start ASAP for a one-year term from the date the position is filled with possibility of extension
Status: Full-Time (35 hr/week) or part-time position (17.5 hr/week each) considered
Location: Virtual and/or In-Person Vancouver and Burnaby British Columbia Canada
Position Overview: The Adolescent Health Lab in the Department of Psychology at Simon Fraser University seeks a full or part-time Senior Research Assistant to work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) Dr. Marlene Moretti Canada Research Chair in Youth Psychological Clinical Science – Tier 1 and the research team on a nationally funded research program to develop implement and evaluate interventions to support the mental health and wellbeing of at-risk parents and youth.
The Senior Research Assistant will collaborate with our research team and will support research activities as outlined below. Must enjoy working with a fast-moving collaborative team of researchers and community partners; strong writing skills required. Familiarity with university ethics is an asset but not required. There are opportunities to contribute to professional and community presentations and journal ready manuscripts. We seek candidates who are strongly committed to research and eager to advance their research or academic careers through participation on published works.
Key Responsibilities May Include:
- Providing operational and administrative support including the coordination of meetings with team members and international collaborators.
- Monitoring the progress of research activities; developing and maintaining records of research activities.
- Supporting and coordinating data collection and participant follow-up for large studies implementing and evaluating interventions for at-risk families.
- Assisting in ethics applications amendments and renewals as needed.
- Supporting in preparation of community and professional conference presentations manuscript preparation and related knowledge translation activities for ongoing research projects.
- Opportunities to participate in/or launch new research.
- Data entry transcription of interviews coding and related works.
Qualifications: Senior Research Assistants should be familiar with the field of clinical psychology with a minimum of 1-year previous experience in a clinical psychology lab or related field. Familiarity with child/youth development developmental psychopathology and intervention models is an asset. Familiarity with Qualtrics SPSS and other data collection/analysis software is an asset. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills attention to detail and proactive problem-solving skills independent time management and the ability to meet deadlines are required.
Application Process: Applicants are invited to submit their applications with the subject line “Senior Research Assistant” via email to the Adolescent Health Lab (youth_project[at]sfu.ca) containing a copy of a cover letter CV and a description of how their background and interests are a match to the position. Competitive hourly rate will be based on national funding guidelines and dependent upon education and past experience/achievements. Applicants seeking additional information prior to submission are welcome to contact Dr. Marlene Moretti or the Adolescent Health Lab.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only well-matched candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time Part-time Fixed term contract
- Monday to Friday