Job Responsibilities : Service Desk Technician
Salary : $43000 per year
Company : National Veterinary Associates
Location : Remote US
Responds to telephone, email and on line requests for technical support. Identifies, researches and resolves complex technical problems. Escalates vendor specific issues to vendors supports teams as necessary. Creates knowledge base articles for use but end-users to address common problems. .
- Helpdesk and desktop support experience supporting users at all levels
- ITSM/Ticketing system experience.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server/Terminal Server 2008r2/2012/2016
- Application support experience with Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Remote Desktop Management and Licensing, DNS and DHCP
- Supporting/troubleshooting MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Printer configuration and troubleshoot (Direct Connected & Networked)
- Familiarity with PC imaging software such as Acronis, Fog, Ghost
- Switches/routers/wireless networks (basic troubleshooting – Onsite & remote) – ability to traverse the first three layers of the OSI model in effectively troubleshooting
- Demonstrates good customer service skills and empathy.
- Professional presentation
- Great communication skills with users of all ages/skill levels/etc. (Customer base may not be technically savvy)
- Ability to multi task
- Strong desire to solve problems and make things better
- Professional presentation – the executives work in this office
- Great communication skills with users of all ages/skill levels/etc. (main user base is vets who may not have any technical knowledge)
- Ability to multi task well
- Ability to think out of the box, troubleshoot and resolve/know when to escalate
- Able to work calmly in urgent situations
- Highly self-motivated