Job Responsibilities : Medical Scanner
Salary : $15 – $17 an hour
Company : NATIONAL PARTNERS IN HEALTHCARE LLC
Location : Remote US
The Medical Billing Scanner must be highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced medical billing environment, with a focus on accuracy and safety.Able to meet deadlines daily, keeping up to date on the incoming cases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sending fax requests or utilizing hospital portals to obtain missing documentation.
- Accepts and routes to appropriate department, inbound patient calls from facility setting. Redirects patient to appropriate company when call pertains to account balance issues.
- Responsible for retrieving all the anesthesia cases within the facility.
- Adds additional detailed information that must be provided for each case. Ie: hospital face sheet, anesthesia record, block reports or ultrasounds.
- When requested creates informational spreadsheets, emailing to appropriate individuals.
- Obtains hospital authorizations upon request.
- Sort, forward any mail received.
- Fedex in any cash payment received to Corporate, mail checks received into lockbox.
- Contact person for hospital representatives with questions regarding missing anesthesia information, missing signatures etc. passing information onto Manager.
- Sorting and organizing cases according to predefined expectations.
- Batch cases in groupings of no more than 35, attach filled out batch cover sheet.
- Scan batched cases, uploading them to eBridge our medical record document housing system, assigning to appropriate coder.
- Printing requested documentation for coder if necessary, providing back to staff member timely through the scanning process utilizing eBridge.
- Reconciliation of incoming hospital schedules/spread sheets to billing system/eBridge for various Utah Divisions, looking for missing cases, if case is identified missing, obtain all necessary information to bill case in a timely fashion