Job Responsibilities : Public Relations Mgr
Salary : $72000 per year
Company : Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
Location : Remote US
About Disney Cruise Line
Since its launch in 1998 Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a leader in the cruise industry providing a setting where families can reconnect adults can recharge and children can experience all Disney has to offer.
Today Disney Cruise Line continues to expand its blueprint for family cruising with a fleet of five ships — the Disney Magic Disney Wonder Disney Dream Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish — and two more on the way.
About the Disney Cruise Line Public Relations Team
Public relations can be defined many ways. For us it’s all about delivering earned media coverage and standout social content designed to promote the Disney Cruise Line experience amplify news generate broad consumer awareness enhance brand reputation and achieve business results.
We are a first-rate team of dynamic creative and persistent PR professionals. We wear many hats from publicist and writer to producer project manager and sheep wrangler (true story). We share a relentless pursuit of excellence in everything we do whether it’s a national campaign or an internal memo. We pride ourselves on strategy creativity attention-to-detail and editorial quality. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and our work reflects The Walt Disney Company’s pledge to inspire a more inclusive world. We love to travel and often spend several days each month on the road ship. We work hard and have fun as we embark on the coolest job on the high seas.
About the Role
The Public Relations Manager will support strategic planning writing and editing media relations creative content development and project management for our expanding fleet of cruise ships and tropical Disney destinations. This position reports to the Senior Manager Public Relations.
- Strategy + Creativity: Able to combine media strategy with creative thinking to develop stories messaging campaigns content and stunts that align with business goals to drive meaningful results.
- Writing and Editing: Plan write edit and proofread flawless content that is strategically crafted to convey key messages and generate positive editorial coverage. Writing for news is a critical factor including a proven ability to identify craft and pitch newsworthy stories.
- Media Relations: Forge positive working relationships with reporters editors and other news professionals. Must bring a proven track record of establishing productive business connections with media contacts and securing coverage in new outlets and platforms.
- Visual Storytelling: Understand how to tell a compelling story through editorial assets (photography video infographics) and ensure all digital materials decks and other visual aides are thoughtfully and sleekly designed. Background in photo/video production to support editorial storytelling is a plus.
- Project Management: Experience executing tactics from start to finish (including announcements stunts productions events and more) managing budgets and measuring results.
- Minimum of 5-7 years professional experience in public relations communications journalism or related fields such as marketing/advertising
- Understanding of Associated Press style guidelines and keen eye for ensuring they are followed
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Available to travel for projects and work remotely on a regular basis
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Knowledge of the cruise and travel industries
- Understanding of social media platforms concepts and strategy
- Command of Adobe Creative Suite or other design apps
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus