Job Responsibilities : Best Controller Job
Salary : $115000 per year
Company : Acuity Financial Experts
Location : Remote US
Who We Are
Our teams are designed to scale with our client’s growth and to serve entrepreneurs throughout the United States who seek to offload their accounting to us so that they can focus on growing their companies. Acuity has a CFO Team, Controller Team, Bookkeeping Team, and a Tax Team that collaborate and work together to understand our clients’ needs and offer solutions that allow them to grow and succeed. We have controller team members throughout the US.
As part of our Controller Team:
- You will work with multiple clients successfully prioritizing their needs while maintaining a high level of services to all your clients. You will work in an independent manner on a remote basis.
- You will be responsible for month end close for your clients, including preparing reconciliations for deferred revenue, ecommerce inventory and payment platforms, etc. creating cash flow reports, budgets, and preparing GAAP Basis financial statements.
How you will be successful:
- Controllers seeking a workload of 20-35 hours a week or 100-120 hours per month are most successful. The flexible hours allow room for the crunch times when there is a deadline looming and your client is seeking VC funding, or an M&A acquisition and you must work those extra hours to get it all done. The first two weeks of the month are typically busier than the last two weeks.
- Controllers who are curious in learning about the newest tech stack – we are often recommending tech stack apps like Expensify, Divvy, Brex, Bill.com, Plooto, Veem, Stripe, A2X, Helm, Salesforce, Hubspot, SaaSOptics, Chargify, and Zoho; and we provide a monthly dashboard thru Jirav – so being tech forward will help you succeed as a controller.
- Degree in accounting from a 4-year college or university – CPA certificate is a benefit.
- Tech Expertise – you have experience working in cloud-based accounting systems – NetSuite experience, QBO certification, and Xero certification a plus.
- Critical Cog: You do not back down from knowing that your responsibilities have a direct impact on the growth of Acuity, and even more importantly…. your client. This is all welcomed and seen as an opportunity.