Job Responsibilities : Analyst, Compliance
Salary : $58000 per year
Company : Nationwide
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Job Description Summary
Are you motivated by a challenge and enjoy identifying and solving problems? Are you skilled at making decisions to ensure regulatory and legal compliance that protects the business and its customers? If you thrive in an environment where you can solve tricky issues and achieve business goals within the complex, highly regulated insurance industry, we want to know more about you!
- Assists in reviewing and analyzing changes in insurance statutes and regulations impacting the products and procedures of assigned product and/or operational area.
- Researches basic state regulations and laws to determine applicability to assigned forms prior to product and form filing. Develops and files forms needed for regulatory compliance.
- Advises support areas of compliance implications related to changes in policies and related forms, and answers questions relating to filing requirements.
- Assists in policy forms development resulting from regulation changes and/or decisions of product development committees.
- Coordinates with state insurance departments on filing requirements, contract language and form requirements.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Compliance Consultant or Manager.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Undergraduate studies in business administration, insurance or pre- law.
License/Certification/Designation: Participation in professional insurance designation programs preferred (FLMI, CLU, CPCU, IIA). Special licensing, such as FINRA or Notary, maybe required for certain products.
Experience: One year of related work experience in underwriting, claims and/or administration.