Job Responsibilities : Supervisor Underwriting Support (Underwriting Call Center)
Salary : $62,654 – $80,000 a year
Company : Mutual of Omaha
Location : Remote US
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Human Resource Management
- Plans, organizes, staff, leads, and controls activities pertaining to the department to include: Interviewing, selecting and training subordinate staff; monitoring and appraising performance of subordinates to hold them accountable for end results.
- Productivity, Quality and Time Service Monitoring
- Assures that work is monitored for quantity and quality, and that work improvements in performance and productivity are identified and implemented on a continuous basis. Effectively uses available tools and resources to monitor and manage time service, quality and relationship expectations of each associate; provide constructive feedback and direction as needed.
- Procedural Compliance and Process Improvement
- Remains abreast of pertinent federal and state legislation affecting business processing and customer/producer handling. Assesses and analyzes any areas of procedural non-compliance, modifies and/or enhances existing processes, and initiates corrective actions where appropriate
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient computer skills in various software applications, including use of spreadsheets in numerous formats, word processing, electronic mail, and presentation.
- Prior experience within, or oversight of a call center.
- Experience in the insurance industry; Life insurance experience preferable.
- Extensive product and distribution knowledge.
- Seasoned supervisory or leadership experience.