Job Responsibilities : Application Developer – Innovation R&D
Salary : $56,000 – $90,000 a year
Company : Allstate
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Allstate is currently looking to hire an entry-level Application Developer to join the Research and Development team. The Application Developer will be responsible for the development and implementation of innovative applications for a full variety of consumer protection businesses.
- Contributes to the development of applications that test solutions for a business problem or create a new product or service that aligns to our corporate goals.
- Contributes to all phases in building new digital products, including programming, defect correction, unit testing, code review and deployment planning.
- Participates on a small team using agile development best practices (Scrum/Paired programming).
- Contributes to a small team through the entire software development lifecycle.
- Application monitoring and support as-needed
- Develop expertise on cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
- Collaborates with non-technical business-side members to define user requirements, investigate feasibility, iteratively build proof-of-concepts and ultimately present results.
- Provides estimates for the work plan.
- Assists in producing light-weight technical designs.
- Suggests technology-driven features that may enhance the solution.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or completed Bootcamp
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in small team setting.
- Knowledge and awareness of web development security standards (OWASP).
- Academic understanding of testing methodologies such as unit-testing, functional testing and service-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of mobile development IDEs (Android Studio, XCode) a plus.
- Experience applying machine learning solutions (Python) a plus.