Job Responsibilities : Telehealth Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
Salary : n
Company : Nest Collaborative
Location : Remote US
About Nest Collaborative
At Nest Collaborative we are changing the paradigm of breastfeeding support via telehealth. The evidence is clear — lactation telehealth is an effective way of providing comprehensive and accessible lactation support for all families. We’re building a world-class telehealth practice and we are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic and want to join us on our mission to improve maternal-child health outcomes in the United States.
We are a core value driven business. That means we hire promote and reward based on alignment with our core values. Our team members:
- Embrace Innovation — We are creative solutioneers ever-learning hungry to serve and ready for the future.
- Are Team-Centered — We are a collaborative culture who sees the human first in every interaction; we know and share our truths and celebrate our successes together.
- Commit to our Standard of Excellence in everything we do — We are committed to best practices unbiased and evidenced-based care and we hold ourselves and our teammates accountable.
Come join our talented team!
The Telehealth Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) provides remote education anticipatory guidance and lactation care for the breastfeeding dyad across the peripartum continuum and in Nest’s evidence-based family-centered and goal-oriented model. This role primarily performs direct patient care in the form of comprehensive preventive and acute care lactation consultations (prenatal postpartum individual and group). A successful candidate will be capable of operating independently is simultaneously thorough and efficient appreciates and implements feedback and collaboration and actively seeks internal and external education and resources to provide high quality care. Our lactation consultants consistently practice according to external and internal established standards policies procedures and guidelines. Our lactation providers develop individualized acute and preventive care plans evaluate effectiveness and make adjustments as indicated. Additionally providers have the opportunity to facilitate Latch Lounge support groups using therapeutic communication education and anticipatory guidance.
The lactation consultant will also be responsible for consult preparation chart completion per Nest’s charting standards development of visit summaries for the dyad’s primary care providers escalation of concerns and facilitation of appropriate follow up. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to: journal club mentorship and training participation in team meetings chart review and other duties as assigned or delegated by the Company’s management.
We’re looking for someone who aligns with our values is ready to learn and grow professionally and wants a career in a fast-paced startup with plenty of advancement opportunities.
- Current certification as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and continuing education necessary to maintain certification
- 1+ years total experience practicing as an IBCLC in varied settings (inpatient/outpatient)
- Lactation care across the peripartum continuum (prenatal postpartum and natural duration breastfeeding)
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of evidence-based practice
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to HIPAA and IBLCE professional standards
- Excellent interpersonal written/verbal communication and customer service skills
- Work from home requirements: Computer literacy stable high speed internet connection quiet/private location to perform work and join team meetings
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US
- Associate’s degree or higher
- 2+ years of experience practicing as an IBCLC
- Working knowledge of EHRs Zoom MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Google Workspace
- Lactation telehealth (video preferred)
- Fluency and ability to provide care in other languages in addition to English
Compensation and Benefits
We believe being part of a passionate team that is actively recalibrating health + care for mothers and babies is the greatest benefit there is but there are many other reasons why we love working at Nest Collaborative including:
- Annual starting salary of $55000-$65000 (differentials for language skills and specific certifications)
- 26 days off per year. This includes 11 holidays per year plus 15 days of PTO per year (this increases to 20 days of PTO per year after 1st anniversary with the company)
- Paid parental (maternity) leave
- Dental vision 401k plans
- Continuing education and recertification stipend
- Ongoing recognition and rewards program
- 100% remote work-from-home
Are You Our Next Teammate?
We’d love to be in touch. Please apply online with a resume and cover letter. Each application will be reviewed with intention and care. If there’s a mutual interest we’ll reach out to you to schedule an interview. Thanks and we’re really looking forward to meeting you.
Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion
At Nest we are an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. We are actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all including people of color people from working-class backgrounds women and members of the LGBTQ+ community. We welcome and encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other historically marginalized groups.
Employment Type: Full Time Exempt
Rate of Pay: $55000-$65000/year
Location: Work remotely
Schedule: Flexible Monday-Sunday 8am-10pm ET however schedules will be permanent once assigned | 40 hrs per week (Holiday rotation will be required)