Job Responsibilities : Pharmacist (Contract)
Salary : $50 per hour
Company : Alorica
Location : Remote US
Support industry leading healthcare companies in prior authorization, clinical appeals, mail order, patient counseling, drug information and customer services.
- Accurately interprets and verifies physicians’ prescriptions, accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from the computer system, verifies whether the order is within program guidelines.
- Reviews and approves/denies requests for prescription prior authorizations.
- Review initial physician requests according to published policies and procedures, applicable clinical criteria, and regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Provide phone coverage in accordance with call center policies and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Pharmacist licence must be current and unrestricted (or must be acquired within 30 days of employment); B.S. in Pharmacy and/or D-Pharm degree from accredited School of Pharmacy.
- At least one year experience working in a retail pharmacy setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of and the ability to apply all state and federal laws and regulations related to the practice of pharmacy.
- Ability to adhere to safety rules and regulations and maintain the confidentiality of patient and department information.
- Ability to navigate MS Office and a Windows based environment and the ability to create, edit, save, and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word.
- Ability to navigate Outlook and conduct Internet searches.