Job Responsibilities : Nutritionist – Part-Time
Salary : $23.49 an hour
Company : Calhoun County
Location : Remote US
Under the general direction of the WIC Supervisor provides specialized nutrition support and education for WIC clients; including assessments for WIC eligibility and providing referrals to other community agencies.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assess anthropometric and hematological data as well as health and dietary history.
2. Certify and/or document client as medically and/or nutritionally eligible for services according to policies and procedures.
3. Assign appropriate food packages and implement changes as needed.
4. Initiate problem list for high risk participants and refer to registered dietitian for counseling and/or care plan development.
5. Provide follow-up and documentation of registered dietitian care plan as assigned.
6. Provide secondary nutrition education to clients per WIC guidelines.
7. Follow and implement program guidelines incorporating changes as they occur.
8. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of county-wide activities operations and functions for referral use.
9. Assist in developing maintaining and distributing program information education and materials as assigned.
10. Promote breastfeeding and distribute breast pumps according to policies and procedures.
11. Identify problem areas that may interrupt continuous delivery of services and reports such issues to the WIC supervisor.
12. Perform a variety of clerical duties including data entry filing answering phones appointment scheduling and reception.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in team and general staff meetings.
2. Participate in public health quality programs (e.g. Quality Improvement Quality Assurance Quality Control).
3. Participation in emergency exercises and training required.
4. Assess own needs for professional growth and participates in education that increases knowledge and skills in area of responsibilities.
5. Adhere to established policies and procedures and maintains client confidentiality.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge acquired through the completion of a two-year Degree with training in the field of nutrition (Registered Dietetic Technician with emphasis in community/clinical nutrition) or equivalent degree. Others may qualify based on Michigan WIC program and USDA standards.
2. Experience in the WIC program or related field is preferred. Calhoun County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
3. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
4. Strong Microsoft Office and data entry skills. Must become proficient in program-related software within 90-180 days contingent on the software.
5. Ability to perform anthropometric measures and hematological testing (appropriate training is provided). 6. Bilingual skills are desired.
7. A valid Michigan driver’s license an exceptional driving record and a personal vehicle including proof of vehicle insurance are required.
Calhoun County’s benefits package offers flexibility choice and value. It is an attractive component of our employees total compensation package. At Calhoun County we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families. We’re committed to providing employees with access to a wide range of information and tools so they can stay informed and make the most of their Calhoun County flexible benefit package.
What benefits does Calhoun County offer its full time employees?
Medical: Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan with 3 Different Flexible Benefit Plan Options (More information (Download PDF reader))
Dental: 100% Employer Paid through Delta Dental (More information (Download PDF reader))
Vision: 100% Employer Paid through BCBSM Vision Services Plan (VSP) (More information (Download PDF reader))
Employee Health & Wellness Center (Premise Health): Most Services 100% Employer Paid (More information (Download PDF reader))
Life Insurance: 100% Employer Paid for Basic Life & AD&D
Short Term Disability: 100% Employer Paid for 67% Wage Loss Benefits up to 26 Weeks
Retirement: Employer 401(k) Match Program Up to 7% of Employee Contribution (More information (Download PDF reader))
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): 100% Employer Paid Through Bronson HelpNet
Click Here for 2022 BENEFIT INFORMATION AND FORMS
Flexible Scheduling & Remote Work Options Depending on Position & Department
Paid Time Off:
- Start through fourth years – 144 Hours (3.6 weeks based on 40-hour work week)
- Fifth through ninth years – 184 Hours (4.6 weeks)
- Tenth through fourteenth years – 224 Hours (5.6 weeks)
- Fifteen and Subsequent years – 264 Hours (6.6 weeks)
(amounts & distribution may vary slightly by union contract policy and/or defined work week)
Paid Holidays: 14 Paid Holidays Throughout the Year
Additional Voluntary Benefits:
- Term Life Insurance (above Employer Paid Plan)
- Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- Long Term Disability Wage Loss Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Perks Program (discounts at local merchants for being a County employee)
Location: Toeller Building190 E. Michigan AveBattle CreekMI Battle Creek MI 49014
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $23.49 per hour