Job Responsibilities : Senior Accountant
Salary : $70000 Per Year
Company : MaxPeopleHR
Location : Remote CA
MaxPeople is a professional Human Resources consulting firm offering HR Training Recruitment and Employment Law services to clients in need of an effective people strategy to grow their business. We provide services to small and mid-size organizations with the necessary Human Resources infrastructure and the employment law services required for growth.
About Our Client
Our client provides professional accounting and business advisory services to businesses and individuals across Halton Niagara and Hamilton area. Specializing in the needs of small and medium privately held businesses our client has been helping clients achieve their financial goals since 1980. Their accountants bring unparalleled knowledge and experience that help businesses achieve and exceed their financial goals and they strive to offer clients unparalleled accounting services tailored to their client’s needs.
They foster mutually beneficial and rewarding employee/employer relationships. They encourage and promote professional development and growth a collaborative environment and opportunities for fun and levity to celebrate accomplishments. They help their team realize their full potential by fostering an environment that provides professional development and supports ensuring the success of each member of the team.
What you will do:
- Preparing NTR and review files with care completeness and self-review
- Planning and preparing small audit files (new and repeat) including materiality risk assessment and preparation of management recommendations
- Preparing and supervising junior staff when leading an audit
- Making basic and complex adjusting entries without assistance
- Analytical procedures including correlations to other financial statement areas comparison to budget and ratios
- Considering tax and covenant implications for adjustments or proposed changes
- Understanding how to prepare T2 corporate and T1 personal tax returns
- Preparing for attending and contributing to client meetings
What we require:
- CPA designation
- A minimum of one year’s public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both with team members and clients
- Integrity honesty and sound judgment regarding confidential matters
- Highly dependable organized and proactive with a strong work ethic recognizing when extra time is required
- Continuous desire to learn grow and improve
- Attempts problem solving and presents possible solutions
- Positive and professional demeanor with the ability to remain calm while dealing with competing demands
What We Offer:
- Flex time including opportunity to be partially or fully remote for the right candidate
- Highly Competitive Compensation including Comprehensive benefits including Wellness and Bonus days
- Fitness Allowance
- A Positive Personable and Collaborative Team
- Meaningful Training & Development Options
- Genuine Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
- New & Innovative ways to make the employee experience that much more gratifying
For consideration please apply online. As part of our commitment to inclusivity diversity equity and accessibility our goal is a workforce built on respect that reflects the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest in MaxPeople but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.