Job Responsibilities : Operations Engineer 3 – Unix/ Linux
Salary : $90000 per year
Company : Comcast
Location : Remote US
About the Engineering Operations Role
This role is part of the NGAN Operations team that is responsible for building and operating the virtual cable modem termination systems platform. This position will work with the internal stakeholders in Development, and Operations teams for incident mitigation, and problem management.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with various teams and stakeholders handle incident mitigation and problem management of virtual cable modem termination systems
- This role will partner with internal regional engineering teams to identify product reliability improvements.
- Change implementation duties will include system upgrades, risk management, automation (scripting in Python, Bash, etc.).
- This role will handle installation, configuration, implementation, and validation of various software upgrades and hardware replacement
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of Operations experience in a 24×7 environment
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Unix/ Linux environments
- Scripting and automation in Bash, Python, or any other language
- Network troubleshooting and configuration
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Aptitude for technology who enjoys troubleshooting and complex problem solving
Preferred Experience (not required):
- Cloud infrastructure experience
- Experience defining, implementing, and monitoring IT services
- Exposure and familiarity with new product integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Any certifications in Linux, Network or related technologies are a plus