Job Responsibilities : Occupational Therapist – Central Based
Salary : $43,274 – $60,869 a year
Company : Jeffco Public Schools
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
- Use purposeful, goal directed activities and task analysis to enable a child with a disability to benefit from their Individualized Education Program (IEP). Federal law mandates that occupational therapy (OT) in the school system be educationally relevant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide consultation services to educational personnel, families and other medical personnel as needed.
- Participate on a multi-disciplinary team in the development of a student’s IEP.
- Consult with school personnel regarding best practices for the classroom; collaborate with school personnel to design, implement and coordinate individualized educational programs.
- Must hold a Special Service Provider License from the Colorado Department of Education or be eligible for a three year Special Service Provider Licensed. Must be certified by the National Certification Board of Occupational Therapists (NCBOT) and Department of Regulatory Agency (DORA) prior to hire.