Job Responsibilities : Technical Advanced Support Analyst
Salary : 17 per hour
Company : Ceridian
Location : Remote CA
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise not only to our customers but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform Dayforce helps leaders make smart decisions based on data strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus Equity Shared Ambition Agility Transparency Optimism
- By using modern technology such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers employees and you!
Location: Work is what you do not where you go. For this role we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in North America.
About the opportunity
As a member of the Advanced Support team you will serve as the POD’s final escalation point for issues that have no defined solution and are able to plan a solution and execute without explicit directions. Advanced Support analysts work in a team environment to provide technical and functional expertise to resolve the most complex and highly escalated Support cases while providing mentoring and coaching across multiple front-line Support Teams.
What you’ll get to do
- Use information from frontline support to diagnose issues and offer troubleshooting tips and tools to fix various problems
- Consult customers and peers on various options to address business requirements by:
- Leveraging best practices
- Considering downstream effects of configuration choices
- Applying deep understanding of data flow in Dayforce and 3rd party applications
- Considering product performance and resources to optimize solution
- Understand overall system architecture to troubleshoot problems and investigate escalated or complex issues
- Uses best judgement to take ownership of issues that require advanced troubleshooting and technical skills when applicable
- Identify incidents that may have widespread or system wide customer impact
- Contribute to the internal and external support knowledgebase articles
- Help with defect validation ensuring accuracy and a high quality of defect documentation
- Identify training opportunities along with knowledge gaps and periodically host calls with Support Pods to target the upskilling opportunities identified
- Respond to emails and chat requests for Advanced Support
- Provide mentoring guidance and record all Advanced Support interactions into ticketing system
- Provide feedback advice and encouragement to team members
- Stay current on latest Dayforce functionality and configuration best practices
- Write SQL code to identify troubleshoot and fix data as well as configuration issues in the customer’s Dayforce instance
- Understand troubleshoot and modify XML and XSLT code
- Works tickets as required
What’s in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay perks and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days Ceridian sponsored events and our very own charity Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and experience we value
- Advanced Support analysts are good listeners and problem-solvers. We look for individuals who display the following essential strengths:
- Advanced knowledge in specialized areas of Dayforce/HCM softwares.
- Self-directed and independent worker with limited need for day-to-day supervision
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Project Management
- Create and follow a project plan using effort estimation outline action items measure progress and follow the plan through to completion
- Provide customers with significant and timely updates
- Strong time management interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Maintain client confidence by demonstrating advanced troubleshooting skills in product area of focus
- Friendly and approachable
What would make you really stand out
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering or relevant software/computer related fields
- Strong proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems including the ability to effectively use SQL Profiler
- Technical knowledge of XML and XSLT
- 2+ years of experience in troubleshooting software applications
- 2+ years of experience with Dayforce required in one or more of the following Dayforce Modules WFM HR Payroll Benefits Talent Management
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs great opportunities for career development and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.