Job Responsibilities : Call Center Representative
Salary : $14 an hour
Company : NORC at the University of Chicago
Location : Remote US
As part of the phone interviewer team, you will be primarily responsible for screening and interviewing survey respondents over the telephone for groundbreaking studies on issues like health care. The data we gather provides insight for informed decisions and contributes to a better understanding of important issues facing American society. NORC is an objective, non-partisan research institution affiliated with the University of Chicago. Our Call Centers are state-of-the-art telephone survey centers located in Chicago, IL; Albuquerque, NM; and Wichita, KS.
Successful interviewers are people of all ages and backgrounds with good communication skills who appreciate a flexible work schedule and are looking for meaningful part-time work. Some of our employees include college students, customer service professionals, teachers, retirees or others looking for a second job. Spanish bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged.
- Must be a self-motivated individual of at least 18 years of age that can adhere to work schedule.
- Must be able to sit and use a telephone headset, dial telephone numbers, use a computer keyboard and read a script off of a standard-size computer monitor for up to four (4) hours continuously.
- Knowledge of a PC Windows environment required.
- Experience interviewing residential households or businesses by telephone preferred.
- All employees hired for this position must present evidence of their identity and authorization to work in the United States (i-9 documentation).
- Opportunities to work from home may exist after you dial for a period of time and meet attendance and production requirements. If you meet these requirements, NORC will provide computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI) equipment but you must provide the following:
- Stable high speed internet connection required.
- Dedicated access to a cell phone and ability to turn off notifications or incoming calls during working times.
- Quiet, private place to conduct interviews.