Job Responsibilities : MTM Pharmacy Technician
Salary : $17 an hour
Company : Cardinal Health
Location : Remote US
Patient Care Fulfillment Activities
- Contact patients via phone to introduce and explain the benefits of the MTM program and ensure patients are prepared to complete the MTM service at their scheduled appointment time.
- Accurately conduct telephonic patient intake by inputting demographic, allergy and medication information into the MTM platform.
- Document patient questions and/or concerns for the pharmacist to address directly with the patient.
- Contact patients as needed for follow-up and adherence monitoring.
We train our employees on these best practices
- Engage with prescriber offices to obtain responses to pharmacist-generated clinical recommendations.
- Collaborate with pharmacist, pharmacy technician, and pharmacy student colleagues to support resolution of medication therapy problems.
- Assist with documenting and submitting claims for clinical interventions made by pharmacists.
- Active pharmacy technician license in the state of residence where required and current National Pharmacy Technician Certification (ExCPT or PTCB)
- Extensive knowledge of medications and medical terminology, including basic disease state knowledge
- Ability to use and pronounce common medical and pharmacy terms correctly, including medication names
- Ability to access, use and understand pharmaceutical references
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Outpatient pharmacy technician experience
- Experience coordinating, delivering, and/or supporting MTM programs
- Experience with MTM Platforms, electronic health records and scheduling software
- Remote/Work from Home: United States
- Available to work various shifts, including some evenings and weekends.
- Full time, 40 hours per week.