Job Responsibilities : Care Coordinator – LPN
Salary : $40000 per year
Company : Optum
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Optum Care Network is now offering qualified candidates an opportunity to join our team as a Care Coordinator – LPN. Our company values innovative problem solvers, promotes personal and professional growth and provides a supportive working environment that affords all its employees a healthy work/life balance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists members through the healthcare system by acting as a member advocate and navigator
- Coordinates continuity of member care with members and families following hospital admission, discharge and emergency department visits
- Perform medical and social data gathering with members to drive care goals, referrals and follow up
- Documents all member care activities appropriately in the care management system
- Facilitates member education using materials approved by the Clinical Director
- Focuses on member care transitions to assure supporting resources are available either through the member’s health benefit or other supporting entities
Duties listed below are integrated into all job functions:
- All staff members are to promote a positive and productive work environment by acting maturely and responsibly, satisfactorily performing his or her job responsibilities and conducting themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner toward fellow employees, physicians and members.
- Must relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extreme; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond openly and appropriately to feedback regarding performance from a supervisor.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in health care, including understanding of health plan related operation
- Certification/License: Current WA State Practical Nursing license required. Current BLS certification required if working in clinic setting.