Job Responsibilities : Assistant Payroll Specialist – Remote (Part Time)
Salary : $38000 per year
Company : iA Financial Group / iA Groupe financier
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Associate Degree
The Assistant Payroll Specialist position will assist our Senior Payroll Specialist by processing bi-weekly, multi-state payroll for our approximately 700 employees across multiple divisions using the Namely platform and maintain the employee database regarding salary and pay.
- Collect, verify, and gather information on hours worked for each employee and check for accuracy.
- Calculate the correct amount of overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of our Namely platform.
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed.
- Help maintain database of personnel information and accurate payroll records.
- Help conduct regularly scheduled audits of payroll records to ensure continued accuracy.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local tax law, including remittance of payroll taxes when required.
- Processing and monitoring garnishment orders.
- Handling employee complaints about incorrect payments and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain various payroll records such as timecard sheets, automatic bank deposits, payroll registers, etc.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree in business administration or related area; Bachelor’s Degree desirable.
- At least two to three years using the Namely platform is strongly required.
- 3+ years of payroll experience, which must include multi-state payroll experience.
- Professional payroll certification, such as CPP, preferred.