Job Responsibilities : Library Technician
Salary : n
Company : Delaware Technical Community College
Location : Georgetown, DE US
Educational requirements : High School
An incumbent is responsible for assisting library patrons and for support services for the library.
A class incumbent typically reports to a technical supervisor and may supervise support staff. An incumbent staffs the circulation function of the library and participates in the acquisition process. A significant aspect of the work is providing assistance to library patrons in locating materials books periodicals as well as audio/visual materials and equipment.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Performs the circulation duties of the library including manning the desk and recording incoming and outgoing materials such as books periodicals audio/visual items and equipment.
2. Assists library patrons in use of the library catalog and location of material in library and refers reference questions to the librarian. Maintains the order of all public use collections.
3. Maintains the reserve collections shelves materials and tracks interlibrary loan materials. May also repair books and audio/visual items and equipment.
4. Maintains operates and troubleshoots office equipment (computers printers copiers etc.).
5. Participates in the selection and ordering process for non-catalogued materials.
6. Assists with maintaining electronic cash register for fines and lost book collection.
7. Supervises trains and evaluates performance of staff as assigned.
8. Performs administrative support for supervisor.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge of the operation of library program.
Knowledge of technical library practices and procedures governing the circulation maintenance and location of library materials.
Knowledge of public contact skills employed in providing library services.
Knowledge of computer systems utilized by the library.
Skill in locating and processing library materials.
Ability to effectively serve a wide variety of patrons.
Ability to elicit information to determine patron needs.
Ability to operate computer equipment.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Basic keyboarding and filing skills.
Good interpersonal and communications skills.
High school diploma or GED and two (2) years of relevant experience; or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Unofficial Transcripts
- First Letter of Reference
- Second Letter of Reference
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Multi Media