Job Responsibilities : Software Quality Administrator, Temporary
Salary : $17 – $19 an hour
Company : Pearson
Location : Remote US
At Pearson we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons we are always re-examining the way people learn best whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations personal and global large and small.
As a Software Quality Administrator your primary role is to perform testing and verification of online assessments using multiple hardware/software configurations. These test runs will be reported by utilizing qTest where defects will be reported troubleshot and retested until test runs are clean/approved.
- Perform testing and verification of online assessments using multiple platforms including qTest and Jira.
- Record testing configurations test runs and report defects using qTest.
- Document queries you may run into while reviewing online assessments.
- Communicate and work with others to troubleshoot reproduce and retest issues.
- Update TestNav Apps and configurations on multiple devices and record versions used in testing.
- Access and reference various systems and documentation to use in validation procedures.
- Access and use virtual machines for online assessment testing.
- Create or update documentation for testing procedures when needed.
- H.S. diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of computer and mobile device usage.
- Familiarity with downloading Apps and configuring devices
- Ability to follow instructions and direction
- Personable attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to work on nights and/or weekends when required
- Software testing experience with qTest and Jira
- Technical knowledge of XML or QTI
Note: This position is remote-based.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set level of experience and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only the range of starting pay for this role is $17.00-19.00/hr. This position is not bonused eligible and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality digital content and learning experiences as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced opportunities are accessible consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent we believe that diversity equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn grow and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race ethnicity color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity gender expression age national origin protected veteran status disability status or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 7126