Job Responsibilities : Software Engineer 1
Salary : $95000 per year
Company : PayPal
Location : San Jose, CA 95131 US
Who we are: At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions.
- Be driven to get results and not let anything get in your way.
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues before they are blow up.
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed.
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies.
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything you do.
- Be ready to adapt to a fast-changing environment and be willing to learn multiple technologies like node.js, REACT, Java script, REST, GraphQL and many more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree
- 0 – 2 years of work-related experience.
- Competent in software engineering tools and best practices.
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via applications and services.
- Collaborating with peers and seniors both within their team and across the organization.
- Working with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time.
- Working with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable.
- Provide your GitHub account or code samples with your resume!
- Experience designing and building web applications and/or web services in a commercial setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree (Required)