Job Responsibilities : Cloud Engineer
Salary : $100000 per year
Company : PayPal
Location : Remote US
In this role you will embed with platform teams to migrate their workloads into PayPal’s secure cloud deployments. You will work across multiple public cloud service providers, collaborating closely with platform teams and other embedded cloud engineers to ensure success for our customers.
- Several years’ experience administering Linux systems in a 24×7 production environment.
- Scripting or coding experience with one or more languages (e.g., bash, python).
- Strong understanding of network architecture and protocols for LAN and WAN (TCP, UDP, ICMP, ARP, BGP).
- Strong understanding of the OSI layering model, with a focus on Layer 7 protocols (HTTP/S, DNS, NFS, SMTP, SSH).
- Understand basic cryptography, TLS handshake protocol, and certificates.
- Participation in a 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Experience and/or strong understanding of docker, terraform, packer, ansible, Jenkins.
- Experience with cloud network / VPC provisioning
- Experience with cloud IAM integration
- Experience fulfilling PCI and other security oversight requirements.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent technical training and professional work experience