Job Responsibilities : Java\Rest API Software Engineer- Mid Level (Remote)
Salary : $105800 per year
Company : USAA
Location : Remote US
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer- Mid Level for our San Antonio TX facility. This person may also work remotely in a Remote Work Environment.
Provides support to the Enterprise through delivering best in class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing requirements designing testing documenting and implementing software responding to outages.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn’t technical it’s human. Here we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We’re proud of USAA’s strong history – and we’re even more passionate about our future. That’s why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we’re continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us you’ll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified measured monitored and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies standards and procedures for business activities.
- Design develop code and test complex technical solutions
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system technical problems and production issues through troubleshooting techniques.
- Continually improves operations by conducting complex systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Prepares and installs complex solutions by determining and designing system specifications standards and programming.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Mentors’ junior engineers and may being mentoring peer engineers; Review teammates’ code
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree OR Approved certification from CodeUp Galvenize VetFIT (Veterans for IT) or eFIT (Employees for IT)
- 4 years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s)
- 2 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Developing level of business acumen in the areas of business operations risk management industry practices and emerging trends.
- Experience supporting efforts to address production issues through troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Expert in Java Spring Boot REST API development GIT
- Familiar with event-driven architecture best practices in monitoring and alerting and experience supporting and troubleshooting mission-critical applications
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $88200- $158900*.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical financial and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical dental and vision plans 401(k) pension life insurance parental benefits adoption assistance paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours and various wellness programs. Additionally our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or status as a protected veteran.