Job Responsibilities : Service Desk Technician
Salary : $41000 per year
Company : National Veterinary Associates
Location : Remote US
Creates knowledge base articles for use but end-users to address common problems. Technical area of responsibility includes standardized technologies and systems. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem using applicable systems and tools. May coordinate with other teams or departments to resolve user problems. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. This position will require the ability to work a flexible schedule, weekends, and occasional holidays as needed.
- Helpdesk and desktop support experience supporting users at all levels
- ITSM/Ticketing system experience.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server/Terminal Server 2008r2/2012/2016
- Application support experience with Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Remote Desktop Management and Licensing, DNS and DHCP
- Supporting/troubleshooting MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Printer configuration and troubleshoot (Direct Connected & Networked)
- Familiarity with PC imaging software such as Acronis, Fog, Ghost
- Switches/routers/wireless networks (basic troubleshooting – Onsite & remote) – ability to traverse the first three layers of the OSI model in effectively troubleshooting
- Basic connectivity of laptops, PCs, etc.
- Mobile Device Configuration/Support (smart phone, tablet)
- Active Directory & Exchange (Accounts, Logins, Password Resets etc.)
- Strong documentation skills.
- Demonstrates good customer service skills and empathy.
- Professional presentation
- Great communication skills with users of all ages/skill levels/etc. (Customer base may not be technically savvy)
- Thinks clearly in difficult situations and know when to escalate and ask for help
- Ability to work calmly in urgent or stressful situations (Supporting hospitals where the end users could be in a panic/angry)
- Validated certification expertise (Ex: CompTia Network+ or equivalent cert preferred
- Experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment