Job Responsibilities : Cybersecurity Consultant
Salary : $87000 Per Year
Company : EY
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : Graduate
At EY you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are with the global scale support inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all.
Being part of a dynamic growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. EY Consulting Services is a $4 billion global practice with 18000 professionals. With an overall Consulting market of $150 billion there’s tremendous potential for growth – and we’re prepared to tap into that potential. Our Consulting team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today’s complex business environment that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion curiosity and drive to make things better. In return we’ll provide you with an exceptional experience that will develop and enrich you whenever you join or however long you stay. And should you choose to leave you’ll be a part of a powerful network of more than 1 million alumni around the world. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join however long you stay the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are currently seeking Consultants to join our Cybersecurity Practice in Canada.
Our Cybersecurity practice a specialty consulting group within Technology Consulting provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic outsourcing and industry-focused operational solutions that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions. Professionals in this role will work within the National Cybersecurity practice and will be engaged in multiple types of cybersecurity related engagements. As a member you will contribute technically to cybersecurity and IT risk client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish internal and external relationships. You will also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements and escalate these as appropriate. Similarly you will anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with EY’s commitment to quality you’ll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
- Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business
- Demonstrating ability to continuously learn incorporate and apply new knowledge in the work environment. Possessing good business acumen. Remaining current on new developments in Advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- Improving clients’ efficiency and effectiveness through the design of their operations processes information technology and business functions
- Executing procedures performing detailed data analysis reaching conclusions documenting results and suggesting ideas for efficiencies
- Taking full responsibility for tasks including consistent review of own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products while working under supervision
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in business engineering computer science information systems or another related major
- Relevant industry experience is a differentiator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office including MS Excel MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Tech savviness – willingness to learn how to use relevant tools/software as needed
- Demonstrated project management teaming organizational analytical and problem-solving skill
- Demonstrated integrity values principles and work ethic
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Successful candidates must be available to travel as needed within and outside of Canada and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Proficient in both English and French including the ability to listen understand read and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in a professional environment.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with key components of cybersecurity such as network & infrastructure security access and identity management threat detection incident response vulnerability management security governance risk and compliance security architecture data protection and others is an asset
- Solid knowledge of commonly used frameworks and standards used in cybersecurity
- Practical experience with conducting threat and risk assessments preferred
- Working toward Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP certification
- Nice to have experience with or knowledge of cybersecurity in Industrial Control Systems
What we offer
At EY our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical prescription drug and dental coverage a defined contribution pension plan a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence) and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical financial and social well-being. Plus we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued policies and practices are equitable and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences abilities backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world helping to create long-term value for clients people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow transform and operate.
Working across assurance consulting law strategy tax and transactions EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.