Job Responsibilities : 2022 Fall Co-Op – Marketing
Salary : 17 per hour
Company : General Motors
Location : Oshawa, ON CA
General Motors is transitioning to an all-electric future and we are making strides on our commitments to expand EV access electrify beyond the vehicle and help ensure that our climate action is as equitable and inclusive as the company. From reducing current vehicle emissions to building innovative batteries with our Ultium Platform we are committed to responsible leadership.
GM Canada’s sales success continues to grow with Chevrolet Buick GMC and Cadillac. As one of the leaders in the Automotive Industry in Canada as well as around the world we are delivering what Canadians are looking for setting new records with our brands and building on our sales momentum!
The Marketing Co-Op student will support the Buick and GMC brands in Canada including the launch of new Buicks’ the all-new GM Sierra Hummer EV and other electric vehicles. Expect frequent interaction with GM Canada’s Executive Leadership Team as well.
- Competitive analysis and insights (online and in-person)
- Active role in planning and implementing launch events
- Assist with advertising launches
- Assist with development of content for various channels
- Assist with research program evaluation analytics and uncovering insights
- Coordinate activities across functions including PR Finance Legal Sales Customer Care and US counterparts
- Support the execution of Buick-GMC sponsorship events including auto shows and product reveals
- Enthusiastically embrace other assignments that may arise including:
- Assist vehicle marketing teams with market analysis
- Assist advertising team with media partnerships and evaluations and experiential partnerships
- Assist with employee/dealer/field communications
- Special assignments as required
Additional Job Description
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s (3rd or 4th year 2nd year with very strong related Co-Op experience will be considered) degree in the following areas: Business Marketing Finance
- Eligible to work full-time (40 hours per week) in Canada and for 8 or 12-month term (2-3 consecutive semesters) starting September 2022
- Must have a valid unrestricted Full Class G Ontario Driver’s Licence or equivalent out-of-province licence!
- The successful candidate will be required to attest to and be prepared to provide proof of their vaccination status and that any job offer will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated
- Previous related sales and marketing work experience or Co-Op terms
- Previous experience in automotive or a strong curiosity about the industry
- Willingness to travel and relocate across Canada should full-time opportunities be offered
- Outstanding leadership interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- High level of integrity ability to deal with ambiguity takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity honesty accountability and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
- Excellent project management skills and the proven track record to manage numerous projects at any given
- Possess strong organizational problem-solving and analytical skills
- Fundamental digital literacy including understanding of MS Outlook Word PowerPoint with an emphasis on Excel
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Hybrid: The position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN CANADA NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals dependent on role needs. Every day we want every employee no matter their background ethnicity preferences or location to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional personal educational or volunteeropportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.