Job Responsibilities : Technical Program Associate II (REMOTE)
Salary : 43018 per Year
Company : GEICO
Location : Remote US
Technical Program Associate II
GEICO is seeking a Technical Program Associate II to organize and deliver complex technical enhancements or workstreams of large programs through collaboration with multiple teams.
A Technical Program Associate II will organize and deliver complex technical enhancements or workstreams of large programs through collaboration with multiple teams. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required to guide and influence others across technical and business delivery teams. Build technical acumen required to identify and manage technical dependencies and/or risks/impediments
As a Technical Program Associate II you will:
- Integrate subject matter and technical expertise to lead definition and execution of a enhancement plan informing work performed by multiple teams
- Leverage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to inform progress against the roadmap
- Track any technical debt
- Leverage intellectual curiosity to identify risks & opportunities and question where appropriate to find better solutions
- Work across 3+ agile teams. Work may be vertically focused on a single enhancement.
- Learn the needs of the engineers and technical operations teams who build maintain and operate the system for the life of the system.
- Learn to recognize complex designs and propose simplified solutions by working with engineering teams
- Focus on the customer experience regulatory expectation and mandates the build and delivery processes and the problems to be solved. Have an understanding of the business and technical requirements for the solutions being built.
- Help customers and the engineering teams make trade-off decisions by considering all the data including business goals technical platform strategy customer experience maintainability risks costs etc.
- Work with limited guidance seeking guidance as needed
- Communicate any blocking issues and manage their resolution anticipate bottlenecks and adequately factor in contingency for unplanned delays. You identify assess track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels. Remove/mitigate all blocking issues collaborating with Business Leads Engineering teams and Product Managers.
- Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them
- Communicate roll up of issues and status in a concise accurate and professional manner for leadership consumption escalating blocking issues when appropriate.
- Execute to standards and program management best practices
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
- Experience delivering with an agile methodology including through SAFe managed teams
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an environment
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals
- Interpersonal skills including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse cross-functional team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize well communicate clearly and compellingly effectively influencing across cross functional teams
- 1-2 years of experience leading software or technical solution delivery (3+ years preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The safety of our associates is GEICO’s highest priority. If you are required to come into the office for licensing training or orientation please note that we have implemented a variety of safety precautions within our offices. Additional safety precautions include no-contact temperature screening stations added signage for associates on common-area occupancy limits socially distanced workstations and increased cleaning procedures for all areas.
As an Associate you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being including:
- Premier Medical Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race color religious creed national origin ancestry age gender pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity marital status familial status disability or genetic information in compliance with applicable federal state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.