Job Responsibilities : Original Content Associate
Salary : $73000 Per Year
Company : Scribd
Location : Remote CA
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”) we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks audiobooks magazines documents Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program Scribd
Flex? As a key principle we embrace flexibility and allow employees in partnership with their manager to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
About the role:
Scribd Original Content projects range from personal and professional development audio courses to audiobook/ebook titles from Roxane Gay Stephen King comedian Chris Gethard and the newly announced US Poet Laureate Ada Limón.
We’re looking for an Original Content Associate to join our innovative team focused on demand-based data-driven original ebook audiobook and podcast projects across a variety of prescriptive and narrative nonfiction categories. This role will support the Original Content team as we ideate negotiate develop publish and market content in a fast-paced detail-oriented environment. This position has opportunity for career growth and reports directly to the Head of Original Content Development and Publishing.
You’re perpetually curious and translate that curiosity into action. You take pride in your analysis skills as well as your ability to translate research into persuasive presentations. You are as comfortable digging into data as you are engaging with people. You are passionate about content and the ways audiences can connect with content. If this sounds like your ideal next chapter we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do/Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support Original Content development through deep project research on topics trends audiences authors and all types of creator talent.
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports showing progress against KPIs that are digestible and actionable for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide actionable genre topic and audience analysis to Acquisitions Editors.
- Draft marketing copy and facilitate internal & external presentation materials.
- Support expansion of our freelance network of editorial art audio and copywriter professionals through research and evaluation.
- Manage metadata and data entry into company systems.
- Align with Project Management on work back schedules and deliverable specs.
- Provide general Editorial support including in-bound submissions review digital audio and text proofing author/talent/agency communications and live/virtual events facilitation as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in commercial trade book editorial online content strategy digital publishing journalism public relations and/or literary agency work.
- Strong interest in nonfiction and unearthing consumer needs through data analysis.
- Demonstrated research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team-oriented growth-mindset environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong and innovative problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with contracts
- Proficient with software used for editing reviewing uploading and transferring manuscripts and promotional materials
- Facility with Looker Jira Airtable GSuite PubTrack Digital/Bookscan Bookstat and/or Klopoteck
Benefits Perks and Wellbeing at Scribd
- Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
- Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k/RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learning & Development programs
- Quarterly stipend for Wellness Connectivity & Comfort
- Mental Health support & resources
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
- Referral Bonuses
- Book Benefit
- Company wide events
- Team engagement budgets
- Vacation & Personal Days
- Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
- Flexible Sick Time
- Volunteer Day
- Company-wide Diversity Equity & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd?
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing email@example.com about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race color religion national origin gender sexual orientation age marital status veteran status disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona California Connecticut Delaware DC Florida Hawaii Iowa Massachusetts Michigan Missouri Nevada New Jersey New York Ohio Oregon Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Washington Ontario (Canada) British Columbia (Canada) or Mexico.
*This list may not be complete or accurate and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
Data Governance Advisor Jobs, Employment | Vacancy18
100% Remote Accounts Payable Jobs
Remote Marketing Jobs | Performance Assistant Apply Now
Administrative Specialist (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees)
Jobs for High Schoolers - Cigna - Work at Home
Recruiting Manager Jobs | Remote US
Sales Jobs Remote | Sales Consultant
Part Time Customer Service Jobs from Home Online
Digital Marketing Jobs | No Experience Needed
Cardinal Health Jobs Remote | Part-time Work from Home