Job Responsibilities : Sr. Data Scientist – Dataworks – Remote
Salary : $7,912 – $11,372 a month
Company : FedEx Services
Location : Remote US.
The Sr. Data Scientist plays a pivotal role, focused on driving data science innovation within Dataworks, helping to define and build the Dataworks organization and leading the delivery of key business initiatives. S/he acts as a “universal translator” between IT, business, software engineers and data engineers, collaborating with these multi-disciplinary teams. The Sr. Data Scientist will contribute to the adherence of technical standards for data science and machine learning, including the design and construction of reusable data assets.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding in depth both the business and technical problems Dataworks aims to solve
- Exploring data and crafting models to answer core business problems that may not have a common blueprint
- Driving the invention of new approaches and algorithms for tackling data intensive problems
- Pioneering R&D efforts to rapidly understand and assimilate state of the art methods
- Scaling up from “laptop-scale” to “cluster scale” problems by driving efforts to standardize and industrialize solutions
Skill/Knowledge Considered a Plus:
- Technical background in computer science, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics or other quantitative and computational science
- Ability to context-switch, to provide support to dispersed teams which may need an “expert hacker” to unblock an especially challenging technical obstacle, and to work through problems as they are still being defined
- Demonstrated ability to deliver technical projects with a team, often working under tight time constraints to deliver value
- An ‘engineering’ mindset, willing to make rapid, pragmatic decisions to improve performance, accelerate progress or magnify impact
- Comfort with working with distributed teams on code-based deliverables, using version control systems and code reviews
- Demonstrated expertise in working with some of the following common languages and tools:
- SKLearn, XGBoost, Tensorflow, Pytorch, MLlib and other core machine learning frameworks
- Python, Scala, Java and other modern programming languages
- MLFlow, Databricks, Spark, Kafka and other data tools and frameworks
- CPLEX, Gurobi and other similar optimization modeling packages
Master’s Degree or equivalent in computer science, operations research, statistics, applied mathematics or related quantitative discipline. Directly related PhD preferred. Four (4) years’ work experience in applying data science (machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical analysis), operations research (optimization, algorithms, mathematical modeling), and data analytics modeling to decrease cost, increase profitability, and improve customer experience.
Domicile / Relocation Information:
This position can be domiciled anywhere in the United States.
The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business need.