Job Responsibilities : Dakota Student Writer (FWS/INST) (FALL)
Salary : $10 per hour
Company : University of North Dakota
Location : Remote US
This is a part-time non-benefitted position. Only UND students are eligible to be hired into this position.
Developing new sources gathering news writing accurate and interesting news stories. Attend press launches courts council meetings and other events as assigned by Editors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interview people by phone or in person.
- Record notes in shorthand or on tape and write stories up on the computer.
- Work under strict deadlines keeping stories balanced fair and lawful.
- Be available odd times throughout your day (to cover various stories).
- Have solid knowledge of AP style grammar and spelling.
Requirements & Competencies
- Be available for the possibility of weekly meetings.
- Gain and maintain excellent relationships and communication by returning calls and communicating with keep people.
- Good at relating to all kinds of people.
- Work well under pressure.
- Good at absorbing information quickly.
- Interested in current affairs.
- Memorial Union/Remote
Hours & Schedule
- Starting compensation: $10.00 per hour
- Hours per week: 5-10 per week
The University of North Dakota determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system: What is E-Verify? New employees to the University of North Dakota must present specific identification to determine their employment eligibility no later than their first day of work. To view the identification required please see the List of Acceptable Documents. You will be required to have one item from List A OR one item from List B and List C.
Please include in the application if you are currently or have in the past 12 months been employed with the University of North Dakota the North Dakota University System or any other North Dakota State agency. If so include which agency/department as well as how many hours you work a week.